Marketo Email Template Designs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Email Template Designs

I know Marketo has Creative Services for designing email templates and that there are some recommended 3rd party designers.  It is kind of pricey.  Has anyone found a site that provides other basic templates designed for Marketo?  Whether it be free or small fee?  

I am just looking to switch it up a bit, nothing fancy.  My previous Email Service Provider (ExactTarget) had a WYSIWYG template designer that made it easy.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks
Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo Email Template Designs

We found the same thing to be true with Marketo's Creative Services.  We are waiting on a proposal from Spear Marketing (www.speamarketing.com) for a new email and landing page template to see how it compares.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Elliott.  I did see the Spear Marketing and I filled out their form for Free Templates found here: http://info.spearmarketing.com/free-template-offer.html  but haven't heard back.  DId you get to see their Free Templates?  When you hear back can you let me know if they are more competitive?  Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

I submitted the free template offer last July.  The templates were nice looking, but weren't exactly what we were looking for.  We wanted the ability to have a large hero image at the top.  Our Marcom person is talking to them and I'll let you know if they are more comptetitive.
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I recommend graphicriver.net ? You can EASILY take any of their HTML email templates ($5-$15) and add Marketo code. If you need help I'm happy to go into more detail.

See Elliott, today I am on both sides of the fence
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Naor.  I am definitely going to try your suggestion.  Is there an easy cheatsheet on how to add the code?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's much easier than you think. Basically you just add div class ="mktEditable" wherever there is a div that you want to allow text to be entered into. That tells Marketo that the div is editable. 

The difficult part for us was deleting parts of the email we DIDNT want. 

If you have problems, send me an email nchazan@verilogue.com and I can share our template HTML so you can compare
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used a number of consultants. Let me know if you want some names.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Elliott's response is best here; there is nothing truly unique about Marketo's email templates. Any web designer with HTML email design experience can make a template "Marketo friendly".