SOLVED

Marketo Email Program Best Practices Question

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Email Program Best Practices Question

Hi there. I'm relatively new to Marketo, but have several years of experience with email marketing using other programs.

Here's my scenario:

I have a campaign that is going out this month. It previously went out in September, and July as well. Previous users of our account created a new program for each instance, even though there were minimal changes to the email content, aside from the dates of the events that were taking place.

I can see a benefit to continuing in this manner. It helps keep lists clean, but it also seems like it's creating extra work, having to recreate the program each time (even though the cloning tool makes this simpler).

Thoughts from a best practices perspective?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo Email Program Best Practices Question

Hi Jen,

Although duplicating it's an easy solution, I think it would be even better to create a Centre of Excellence with a set of best practice Program flows. In this CoE you could include an email Program set up based on best practices that have been agreed across your company. You could also create a set of Tokens commonly used in your communications.

This will allow you to implement standardisation across the business and increase efficiency, as MKTO users can simple duplicate the Program structure from the CoE and adapt it slightly when needed.

Hope this helps you!

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jen,

Although duplicating it's an easy solution, I think it would be even better to create a Centre of Excellence with a set of best practice Program flows. In this CoE you could include an email Program set up based on best practices that have been agreed across your company. You could also create a set of Tokens commonly used in your communications.

This will allow you to implement standardisation across the business and increase efficiency, as MKTO users can simple duplicate the Program structure from the CoE and adapt it slightly when needed.

Hope this helps you!

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I think this will also help with scale. Right now volume is relatively small, but as we grow I can see us outgrowing the current system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly  

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

As Macarena said, do this:

pastedImage_0.png

And each program contains all of the necessary assets and smart campaigns that just need to be customized for each new program:

pastedImage_1.png