SOLVED

Re: Marketo Email Notifications

Go to solution
Erin_Pinkowski
Level 2

Marketo Email Notifications

Went live with Marketo this morning and doing some testing.  I am the owner of a contact in SFDC and that contact completed certain actions to increase their score to meet the threshold we have in place for the Marketing Qualified Lead Lifecycle Campaign.  I received the following default email "New Marketing Qualified Lead" which states that I have received a marketing qualified lead and to go in and update the lead status to Sales Accepted or Recycled.  Since this individual exists as a contact already, I wouldnt want that email to be sent to a sales rep.  How will Marketo distinguish between a new lead and an existing contact when it comes to scoring....
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Erin, you can use the field SFDC Type (contact, lead or user) to filter these results down so that the alert only goes at the appropriate time. I'm not sure exactly what your setup is, but you can either use this as a filter at the smartlist level so that contacts never enter that campaign at all, or you can use it as a choice at the flow level if there are other things in that smart campaign that you want to have happen for both leads and contacts.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Erin, you can use the field SFDC Type (contact, lead or user) to filter these results down so that the alert only goes at the appropriate time. I'm not sure exactly what your setup is, but you can either use this as a filter at the smartlist level so that contacts never enter that campaign at all, or you can use it as a choice at the flow level if there are other things in that smart campaign that you want to have happen for both leads and contacts.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

You will have to build out those scenarios.
You can use SFDC type as a filter on your smart list. If SFDC Type equals Lead, send email.
Erin_Pinkowski
Level 2

Thank you to the both of you!