Marketo & Dell Boomi REST API Connector

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo & Dell Boomi REST API Connector

I'm caught in the situation where I'm learning Marketo, and also having to learn Dell Boomi - at the same time - and have to integrate the two. So please forgive any simplistic questions!

I am trying to use the native Dell Boomi Marketo REST API Connector (now that they have one) to connect to our Marketo instance - but all I get when I try to query leads is a 603 Access Denied error.

Looking at the articles here, they all discuss using Boomi before there was a connector for Marketo (and the 3 part article that someone kindly wrote doesn't have the images any more)

Could someone kindly help me with a step-by-step process for connecting to Marketo within Boomi using the dedicated Marketo REST API connector?

Thanks!

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Chris_Johnston
Level 8

Re: Marketo & Dell Boomi REST API Connector

If you move your question to the Products section you will get a lot more traction on this. This section is designed for help with the online community website. Poorly named and everyone does it, but most people just look there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In reply to myself - I needed to create a Role that had API access rights as none of the default roles could access the API (didn't realise that was the case, assumed Admin would have access)

Now that's been added it seems to work.

Vamshi_Annangi1
Level 1

Mike,

Were  you able to use Standard MarketoREST/API connector as part of Boomi , Did you use regular Rest Webservice call as we do for any other web url.

I am asking this since I had been asked to integrate the Merketo with Boomi, But I dont see much documentation on what would be the Key fields that needs to used for querying to extract the data when we use the Standard connector provided by Boomi. any help really appreciated.

Thanks

vamshi