SOLVED

Marketo deactivating active contacts in SFDC?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo deactivating active contacts in SFDC?

Has anyone experienced Marketo deactivating contacts marked as Active in SalesForce?

I have had several incidents of my team pointing out records that were formerly Active but are now Inactive. "Marketo" is showing as the "user" updating the record. The update is not part of a synch, since in all of the instances, the change did not occur during any mailings that were deployed. And I can't see that it's part of an "unsubscribe" request, either, since none of the Marketing preferences in the SFDC record changed. These are also existing records - not imports - so this isn't happening as part of an import operation.

If this has or is happening to you, how did you fix it?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo deactivating active contacts in SFDC?

When you look at the activity log on the record in Marketo and find the activity where active is set from true to false, click on the activity ID, it should tell you the source, is it sfdc or something else?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you look at the activity log on the record in Marketo and find the activity where active is set from true to false, click on the activity ID, it should tell you the source, is it sfdc or something else?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Cathal! The Activity Log shows that it's SFDC. However, contacts synch into SFDC from another database in the company, so I am now investigating whether it is that database that is causing the issue.