Marketo Custom Object Overwrite

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Custom Object Overwrite

Hello,

We're starting to implement custom objects and I noticed that when I try to update my records custom object data, it creates a new entry. Like so:

Upload 1pastedImage_0.png

Upload 2pastedImage_1.png

The issue that I have with this is that when I enter in something like this where my preference is TRUE:

pastedImage_1.png

My lead record shows up.

And when I enter something like this where the value is FALSE

pastedImage_0.png

My record still shows up since both custom object data entries are contradictory.

Is this normal? Does anyone have a solution for this type of issue?

Thanks~

Message was edited by: Danny Tran

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Custom Object Overwrite

Pls move the question to Products​ ("Community" is for feedback about the Marketo Nation itself... confusing).

SanfordWhiteman

Thanks for the move. Your top 2 images are broken (probably protected links). Can you update those?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the corrections, Sanford. I've apparently lost all memory of how to post on these boards haha.

SanfordWhiteman

I think the primary problem is your schema allows for contradictory -- or shall we say "unexpectedly multiplied" -- subscriptions, based on your screenshot.

If someone can subscribe to Automotive with en-us=true and at the same time subscribe to that same blog, Automotive, with en-us=false, that's going to cause filtering problems, even when you add additional constraints.

So I think you need to adjust the way you upsert custom object records.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I think you're right. I was trying to understand the thought process behind how our team set up this custom object and I am still having issues grasping their logic. They decided to enable Email, Subscribed To, and Type as dedupe fields, when I believe two of those three are fields that would have consistent changes made to them.

Thanks for your help on this topic.