Re: Marketo Connector for Sitefinity

jcurryPDA
Level 1

Marketo Connector for Sitefinity

I recently started at an association that uses both Marketo and Sitefinity. I'm new to Marketo, though I eventually may be responsible for our Marketo instance as I learn it and take on more responsibility with my role. We are looking into using the Marketo Connector for Sitefinity to connect web forms in Sitefinity to Marketo.

If anyone has experience with the Marketo Connector for Sitefinity, I'd love to hear about your experience with it. What the setup process and timetable was like, anything we should be aware of as we purchase the Connector and set it up with our IT Team, any tips and tricks, anything you think may be relevant for me or our team to know as we further integrate these systems. 

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide to a noob like me! 

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I can't recommend strongly enough that you not use that SiteFinity connector!

It uses the ancient Marketo SOAP API, creating a significant security risk (full root access to Marketo) if your CMS is compromised. I can see other avenues by which it would create a DOS attack against your Marketo instance, too. It wouldn't pass security & risk muster at any of our clients.

What you should do instead is use the Marketo Forms JS API to drop Marketo forms, and the Munchkin embed code, onto your SiteFinity pages. That'll give you a true Filled Out Form activity to act on in Marketo & track web activities like Visited Web Page and Clicked Web Page, without any capacity or security issues.

jcurryPDA
Level 1

Thank you Sandford!