Marketo Campaign for MSI

Kim_Allen
Level 10

Marketo Campaign for MSI

Hi,

We have a quarterly campaign running and basically we have the Q3 stream as the only active stream currently (in the future I plan on quarterly streams, some geared towards different BUs). Anyways, they had teh quarterly campaign planned out to the T because it runs with the social and sales engagement efforts. So each email has an expiration date of pretty much a week or two.

This means that with my bi-weekly cadence each lead will only get the email once and if someone is added the day after they won't get this email at all. I was debating if this is the best way to go about this?

The other thought was still have it every other week but M-F. So this way leads added late would be more likely to get that content but would still have atleast a week between emails and since only one email is available at a time they wouldn't get emails every day. Would this make sense?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo Campaign for MSI

I am trying to follow along. You have an engagement campaign set to send every two weeks with emails that are all only active for a week, correct?

It makes sense, but if you selected M-F an email will go out on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and another one on Friday. It would then skip a week, and send again on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the following week. And so on.

As long as each email was scheduled to be active for specific weeks (8/11 to 8/15, then 8/18 to 8/22) without ANY overlap, this would work. You might get inundated with exhausted content notificatons. If there was overlap in the emails, you would risk sending two days in a row.

Does that make sense?
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Sorry, I know that was difficult to follow!!

Yes, there is NO overlap with the emails. I know at least our sales team is still learning and doesn't get the "behind the scenes" MKTO work. So they'll add ppl to the campaign on a Thursday and ask me why those ppl didn't get that email scheduled for this week. The reason, of course, is because they send on Tuesdays but it's hard for them to get that fact.

I was just trying to think of a way that leads would get that particular email as long as they were added that week. Just a thought 🙂
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You would have to run this as some sort of Drip Program where it is requested by Sales Insight and sends immediately as long as it was M-F at X time.

You could set this to be placed into an Engagement, but then you'd have to select M-F Cadence and risk sending more content every day.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our sales team is still learning, but then again we are too. 🙂

I think you should be good to go with what you have outlined as long as email availability never overlaps. You should clone the program and test it out.