SOLVED

Marketo AWS API Setup

Go to solution
Touseef
Level 2

Marketo AWS API Setup

Hi...

I am new to Marketo REST API. When we create Marketo webhook we add URL of third party like AWS to it. I want to know when webhook is triggered how is this automated so call goes to AWS and the required task is done. Actually how this URL is created in AWS which we use in Webhook.

Touseef
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo AWS API Setup

I’m afraid you’re still not using terms that make it possible to help.

Swagger (now OpenAPI) is a language for describing API requests and responses. It can give you a framework for building valid JSON payloads as expected by a remote service. But Marketo doesn’t consume OpenAPI specifications for webhooks. You can use OpenAPI offline to generate sample payloads but you’d still end up pasting them into Marketo.

I think you need to start at the very beginning by explaining what you’re trying to accomplish in detail at a business level, without using tech terms. Apologies if you have used the technologies in question, but it sounds like you’re working on some pretty advanced stuff that you haven’t done yet in your career, and the questions just don’t make sense.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

It’s very hard to tell what you’re asking here!

The Marketo REST API has nothing to do with the Marketo Webhook feature.

Webhooks are Marketo’s outbound API, allowing you to pass data from the Marketo person database to an external service and optionally map response data back to person fields.

The REST API is the inbound API, allowing you to interact with a large portion of the Marketo platform: not just leads and companies but also with Marketing Activities, assets like emails and LPs and lists, Programs, Custom Objects, and more. Note the REST API doesn’t give you complete access to everything you can do in the UI (by a long shot) but is still quite robust.

A webhook can call any compatible service. Such a service might in turn run code to invoke the REST API to read/write information outside of the person db. This is by no means a typical use for webhooks. We happen to use this combo all the time, but it doesn’t change the fact that webhooks and the REST API have nothing inherently in common.

You’re also referring to AWS. Not sure what part of AWS you mean. Lambda? API Gateway? An EC2 instance?

Please step way back and explain what you’re trying to do at a business level, rather than asking about specific technologies which are already indicating an XY Problem.

Touseef
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman Thankyou for your response.

What I actually want to know is syntax. 

Eg. When we create Marketo webhook for pushapp notification i saw example where we use URL with reference to AWS. So want to know how the connectors and service connector and process to explore swagger file of different API's is created in AWS.

Touseef
SanfordWhiteman

I’m afraid you’re still not using terms that make it possible to help.

Swagger (now OpenAPI) is a language for describing API requests and responses. It can give you a framework for building valid JSON payloads as expected by a remote service. But Marketo doesn’t consume OpenAPI specifications for webhooks. You can use OpenAPI offline to generate sample payloads but you’d still end up pasting them into Marketo.

I think you need to start at the very beginning by explaining what you’re trying to accomplish in detail at a business level, without using tech terms. Apologies if you have used the technologies in question, but it sounds like you’re working on some pretty advanced stuff that you haven’t done yet in your career, and the questions just don’t make sense.