SOLVED

Re: Marketo and GoToWebinar Integration

Go to solution
JodiWright96
Level 2

Marketo and GoToWebinar Integration

Hello!

We are working on our first webinar with Marketo. I have downloaded the plug-in for GoToWebinar and it's synced up correctly. I have the emails, landing pages, and form ready to go. I have the registration confirmation email set to send 3 minutes after someone registers (through the Marketo form on a Marketo LP). This email contains their unique URL to attend the webinar. 

My question is this - if we have the automatic approvals turned off in GoToWebinar (meaning we have to manually approve regsitrants), is that going to mess up my flow?  The unique URL can't be sent back to Marketo unless the person is approved in GoToWebinar, right?  My campaign is this: 

1. Smart List - Fills out registration form
  2. Flow - Change Prog Status to Registered
  3. Flow - Wait 3 mins
  4. Flow - Send confirmation email with unique webinar URL

I don't know how often our admin will be approving registrants. How would I set the flow up to send the confirmation email once the registrant has been approved?

Thanks in advance! Oh - we have Dynamics, not SFDC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ankit_Kumar3
Level 2

Hi @JodiWright96 ,

If you need to wait for manual approval then you can also handle this on the Marketo end.

In this case on registering for the webinar you can just send a simple 'thank you' email to the end-user without webinar unique URL, and in the trigger campaign, do not change the program status to 'Registered', you can keep the status 'Waiting' or just leave it as a member.

For the approved registrations, you can use the below steps:

1. Create a static list 'Approved Registrations'

2. Create a trigger campaign:

Smart List -  Trigger  add to list 'Approved Registrations'

Flow - Program status change to 'Registered'

wait 3 minutes

Send confirmation email 

So once you receive approved records then you just need to add them into the static list.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kaitlyn_Simko
Level 4

Yes, automatic approval is typically needed for the magic link to work in a webinar integration.  I would recommend setting up a gated system in Marketo and have the confirmation fire off of the approval vs the initial form fill.  This way you can keep automatic approval on and it will not impact the integration.

Tags (1)
JodiWright96
Level 2

Hello!  What do you mean by "gated system"? 

We don't want automatic approvals though - we want to do it manually. What would the flow be if we manually approve?  Would GTW be able to change a program status to registered? I could use that as the trigger to send the confirmation email.

Or should I create a list and manually add people to it for the trigger?

Ankit_Kumar3
Level 2

Hi @JodiWright96 ,

If you need to wait for manual approval then you can also handle this on the Marketo end.

In this case on registering for the webinar you can just send a simple 'thank you' email to the end-user without webinar unique URL, and in the trigger campaign, do not change the program status to 'Registered', you can keep the status 'Waiting' or just leave it as a member.

For the approved registrations, you can use the below steps:

1. Create a static list 'Approved Registrations'

2. Create a trigger campaign:

Smart List -  Trigger  add to list 'Approved Registrations'

Flow - Program status change to 'Registered'

wait 3 minutes

Send confirmation email 

So once you receive approved records then you just need to add them into the static list.

JodiWright96
Level 2

Thank you! This makes sense and exactly what I was looking for!

JodiWright96
Level 2

I just implemented this and tested it - none of my registrations are going through to GTW anymore.  Not sure what happened, but I have Support researching it.

Ankit_Kumar3
Level 2

If records are not going to GTW without 'Registered' status then it's fine, but if they are not syncing after 'Registered' status then there could be some issue.

Did you check the GTW integration if it's working fine?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

This can't be right. You have to set the program status to "Registered" instantly after form submit, because only that status sends the record to GTW. But you can't send the confirmation email from that same form submit trigger, because you have to wait for confirmation first.

Now, I don't think manual confirmation is in any way supported by the native integration. At least, I've never done it, and I don't see anything in the docs. (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/demand-generation/events/create-a...). So I think you have to manually add people to a list - or change their webinar program status to "Confirmed" (add that status to your webinar program channel) and then trigger the email send off of that "Confirmed" status.