Marketo and 250ok Email Deliverability

suanntan
Level 3

Marketo and 250ok Email Deliverability

Hello all,

Is anyone using/have used 250ok's Email Deliverability Tool within Marketo? What is your experience compared to other email checkers like Litmus? I have been learning that 250ok leverages Email on Acid and am curious how they compare to other checkers. What do the logistics look like? (i.e., export list, re-import?)

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
tamps
Level 1

Re: Marketo and 250ok Email Deliverability

250ok was folded into validity.com. Their reputation is suspect. See this: 

https://www.trustradius.com/products/validity-everest/reviews

We're vetting Bird's inbox tracker - better functionality at a far lower price

suanntan
Level 3

Thank you! Exploring Messagebird as well 

derelict_wombat
Level 4

Hi @suanntan 

I think Messagebird is part of some Marketo contracts, not sure if its all contracts or not.  Adobe switched us from Everest to Messagebird's Inbox Tracker earlier this year.  I'm still working on setting it up so I don't have any real feedback yet.  

There seem to be two functions - > Deliverability reporting/alerts and then an inbox emulator to test how your email will look in various ESPs(Similar to what Litmus does). 

suanntan
Level 3

Thank you for sharing. The function I am most interested in for my organization is the inbox emulator. If anything stands out in your experience setting it up, I'd love to hear them!

AshleighMo
Level 4

If this is the main feature you are looking for, the differentiator between the different platforms may be pricing/which email clients you want to emulate. Most of them, if not all will likely have the main culprits but if you find that your audience is using more of one email clients, you could look look for a package that offers exactly what you are looking for. Some offer pricing based on the number of email clients you want to render for testing. Litmus is one of the companies that definitely lets you choose how many email clients to render a test with. According to them, most people start between 30-50 email clients for testing. From all of the demos I have seen lately, most of the platforms are pretty similar, the only differentiator is the different add ons. 

AshleighMo
Level 4

Hi @suanntan - I have used the 250ok deliverability through marketo. That "integration" has been deprecated at this point but they are willing to work with Adobe to try and implement it on a case-by-case basis. Otherwise, you can still purchase a solution through them and use their specific dashboards vs. going through marketo. It's not that much different in my opinion. 250OK is now technically Everest by Validity. 

The platform is easy to use and checks a lot of the boxes you would be looking for with email deliverability and design testing. Making your decision will really be based on what is most important to you and the business. For example, Everest has a variety of capabilities surrounding deliverability one of which is Infrastructure and IP monitoring. That may be helpful if you are on a dedicated IP. There are also inbox placement tests to see where your email would land in users inboxes. I would say the most helpful way to make a decision is to schedule a demo for each platform you are interested in and find out what the differences are and which features are most important. 

I cannot for the life of me remember what the actual process for the verification is, I'm thinking it's a list upload to verify, but cannot confirm, it has been a little bit since I used the platform. 

In terms of pricing, of course most of the platforms do semi custom quotes/base it off your business needs, but I can give you a general idea. Email on Acid seems to be the most affordable, then 250ok and then litmus. Litmus came with a hefty price tag. 

Lastly, always rely on your own data first if you have it. If you're using a purchased list (not recommended), etc. then these tools will be much more important. I have seen discrepancies in certain platforms such as "Neverbounce" where the list will be run through the program, say we will have a say 90% bounce rate and then our actual bounce rate for a send will be much higher, so I do not like to rely on those programs entirely. I will note though that these are our own leads from events, etc. and not a purchased list. 

suanntan
Level 3

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! This was extremely helpful