SOLVED

Re: Marketo A/B testing

Go to solution
SyedHasan
Level 2

Marketo A/B testing

Hi, I am creating a A/B test in my program. Just wanted to know about the audience selection. If I am selecting 20% audience on the slider, how this audience selection is going to work within Marketo.

1. Is it like Marketo will send one email version to 10% audience and another version to other 10%?

2. Or the selection within 20% is random?

3. Or is there any way via smart list we can specify this selection criteria?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

The different variations of an email (based on the type of the A/B test you add to the email send program) will take even parts of the Test Sample Size selected. In your case, if you're adding a subject line test, have two versions of the subject lines, and have set the slider for the test sample size to 20%, that'd mean that 10% of the audience would receive the email with each version of the subject line (i.e., the different versions will take even parts of the Test Sample Size selected.)

Marketo would randomly select the test audience as per the percentage selected in the Test Sample Size and within the test sample size too, Marketo would evenly send all the different versions of the email (the parts of the audience that receive each test version would be even though as stated above). Also, I don't think you can mention which people receive test vs. winner emails as the audience for each is randomly selected by Marketo (you can only specify the percentage for each, i.e., the percentage of people who'd receive test vs. winner email).

I hope this makes sense. Let us know if you have any questions. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

The different variations of an email (based on the type of the A/B test you add to the email send program) will take even parts of the Test Sample Size selected. In your case, if you're adding a subject line test, have two versions of the subject lines, and have set the slider for the test sample size to 20%, that'd mean that 10% of the audience would receive the email with each version of the subject line (i.e., the different versions will take even parts of the Test Sample Size selected.)

Marketo would randomly select the test audience as per the percentage selected in the Test Sample Size and within the test sample size too, Marketo would evenly send all the different versions of the email (the parts of the audience that receive each test version would be even though as stated above). Also, I don't think you can mention which people receive test vs. winner emails as the audience for each is randomly selected by Marketo (you can only specify the percentage for each, i.e., the percentage of people who'd receive test vs. winner email).

I hope this makes sense. Let us know if you have any questions. 🙂

SyedHasan
Level 2

Thanks for the answer, Darshil.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
Darshil_Shah1

You're very welcome. 🙂