Marketing Performance Insights

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Re: Marketing Performance Insights

Sure thing. My team have a demo coming up of MPI, so it should be interesting to see how overall it compares to RCE

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Thanks Ali.  I actually got a demo of it last week.  From what I saw, it's the reporting/analytics that many of us have been waiting for (and, IMO, should be included in the base product - or at least for those of us that already pay extra for Advanced Analytics (RCE - which is becoming antiquated). 

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

I agree, it should be included in the Advanced Analytics package. It seems like the two go hand in hand.

Since you've already done the demo,  Dan, I was curious if you had learned if MPI updates instantly or if it updates over night like RCE currently does?

Dan_Stevens_

I don't think MPI uses a separate data warehouse where all data is captured each evening.  I believe it's using real-time (or near real-time) data.

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

They do in fact use the same data warehouse.

Dan_Stevens_

Thanks for clarifying, Steven. 

Dan_Stevens_

Ali - in case you have any additional questions, I found the FAQ for MPI: MPI Partner FAQs  - where it specifically states:

Both MPI and ARB (RCE) leverage the same data sources, so there is no difference in data between the two applications.  [and] MPI uses a nightly ETL.

Although, I would argue this point (per the comparison of MPI and RCE) - based on our experience in trying to analyze large datasets with more than 5 or so filters:

ARB (RCE) is a report builder with infinite flexibility to model any report or metric of your choice.
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

IMHO, RCE is really showing it's age, compared to the Tableau, Power BI or Qlick of the world...

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_

It really is, Greg.  And since Marketo doesn't own the product, they are unable to evolve it to support the growing needs (and growing data) of large, enterprise customers like us.  RCE constantly times out on us, is unable to send out subscribed reports consistently, chokes when longer timeframes (e.g., beyond a few months) and more than a few filters are used, and just doesn't have the flexibility (e.g., conditional logic in filters) to provide the reporting and analytics that we need today.  From my understanding, Marketo is taking a stance that most large organizations like ours have separate data warehouses/visualization tools - like Tableau or PowerBI (which we do) - but there is still some reporting where we rely on RCE to provide.  Not to mention, we're paying extra for it.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

What type of reporting are you producing in RCE that you could not deliver with Power BI ?

Hopefully, the agreement with Google will lead somedays into something good with Google Data Studio, one day...

-Greg