Re: Marketing Calendar - Smart Campaign w/ Multiple Emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketing Calendar - Smart Campaign w/ Multiple Emails

My company is trying to move from our static, Excel-based marketing calendar to the recently released Marketo marketing calendar to manage our email blasting schedule. We currently use one smart campaign to send out an invitation for an event 3 times, but I'm noticing that in the marketing calendar and schedule view only the initial invitation send shows up. 

Does anyone know if this is the standard/expected behavior? Is there a way to get all email sends in the smart campaign to show up in the calendar, or do we need to start breaking out each send in a different smart campaign?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Edward_Masson
Level 10

If you have the filter for 'Smart Camapign with Email' It's showing smart campaigns with an email that’s scheduled.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edward - thanks for the response. That's what I've selected as my filter, along with the "Email Program" entry type. The issue I'm noticing is that I have several smart campaigns that include multiple email sends (i.e. Send Email on 8/5 -> Wait Until 8/21 -> If Program Status is not "Registered" then Send Email) but only the first email send is showing up in the marketing calendar (i.e. the smart campaign shows up on 8/5 but not 8/21). I'm trying to determine if that's the expected behavior and I need to start breaking out each email send in a separate smart campaign, or if there's some other filter/view change I need to make to ensure all email sends that are part of a smart campaign populate in the marketing calendar.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Courtney, I've run into the same issue as we build our campaigns in the same manner (mutliple sends based on program status).  I'll watch this thread to see if someone comes up with a solution but it appears it's something that will need future development.  Maybe time to create an Idea.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Understood. 
That filter is more about the scheduling when the smart campaign starts than it is about email.

Not sure they designed it that way, more for the indivdual email in a email program.

I will test a couple of things and report back you your thread. 
Karin_Edmondson
Level 3

I am finding the same thing.  The second and third emails in a campaign are not showing on the calendar. I expected to see all emails that are being sent out.  This will help prevent to many emails going out on the same day.  We need to see this.
Thanks,
Karin
Thaddeus_Sochac
Level 1

Has there been any update on this feature? Thought everything was turned off, based on our Marketo Calendar being emptied but then realized emails were still going out because multiple sends with wait time ARE NOT included in the Calendar. 

Thaddeus_Sochac
Level 1