SOLVED

Marketing Calendar functionality

Go to solution
ailsadempsey
Level 3

Marketing Calendar functionality

Hello,

We are beginning to look at using the Marketing Calendar but having some issues with functionality. The ability to create entries directly into the calendar doesn't seem to be working (using these instructions: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Create+Entries+Directly+in+the+Marketing+Calendar). Does anyone know if this functionality has changed, or if there is another way to add tentative/basic entries into the calendar?

Additionally, one of our main objectives with the calendar was to identify overlap in messages/audience between teams. Is there any way through the calendar to see if, when one than one message scheduled on a day, a lead is due to receive multiple messages? Or is this only achieved through Smart Lists to identify potential overlap? 

Thanks

Ailsa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Marketing Calendar functionality

Hi Ailsa, be sure you are selecting an existing calendar entry and enabling "show program focus" as described in step 2. Then you'll be able to add basic entries, custom entries, email programs and smart campaigns by clicking on the calendar. I was able to do this so it's unlikely the functionality has changed, but do submit a support ticket if it's still not working for you in your instance.

Unfortunately you aren't able to show the overlap of audiences in the marketing calendar feature, though I understand how that would be handy! In addition to creating smart lists to determine any overlap, you could consider program naming conventions that reference region, product line or other key targeting facets. Then at a glance on the calendar, you can infer from the program names the likelihood of overlap.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Ailsa, be sure you are selecting an existing calendar entry and enabling "show program focus" as described in step 2. Then you'll be able to add basic entries, custom entries, email programs and smart campaigns by clicking on the calendar. I was able to do this so it's unlikely the functionality has changed, but do submit a support ticket if it's still not working for you in your instance.

Unfortunately you aren't able to show the overlap of audiences in the marketing calendar feature, though I understand how that would be handy! In addition to creating smart lists to determine any overlap, you could consider program naming conventions that reference region, product line or other key targeting facets. Then at a glance on the calendar, you can infer from the program names the likelihood of overlap.

ailsadempsey
Level 3

Thanks Beth - that functionality isn't working for me so I'll put in a support ticket 🙂