SOLVED

Mapping a field to SFDC that was created in Marketo First

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mapping a field to SFDC that was created in Marketo First

For some reason, I realized that the comments box from our web forms labeled "Website Email Comments:" were not mapped into SFDC. I created a new field in SFDC, but how do I now map it? I know that the sync works from SFDC > Marketo. How do you do it backwards?

Thanks
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mapping a field to SFDC that was created in Marketo First

Ben,

What you can do is create a similarly named field in Salesforce (e.g. Form Comments), wait for it to sync, and then use a Change Data Value to map the contents over.

Something like:

Smart List: (Filter) Website/Form Comments is not empty
Change Data Value: Field: Form Comments, New Value: {{lead.Website/Form Comments}}
Run Once

Then start using the Salesforce-synced field instead. Or if you have to keep using the old one, create a trigger campaign like the one above to map the data values from the Marketo field to the SFDC/MKTO joint field.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what i was told, you can only Map fields correctly if the field is created in SFDC first and brought into Marketo via the Marketo user you created. So sadly SFDC has to have the field first. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ben,

What you can do is create a similarly named field in Salesforce (e.g. Form Comments), wait for it to sync, and then use a Change Data Value to map the contents over.

Something like:

Smart List: (Filter) Website/Form Comments is not empty
Change Data Value: Field: Form Comments, New Value: {{lead.Website/Form Comments}}
Run Once

Then start using the Salesforce-synced field instead. Or if you have to keep using the old one, create a trigger campaign like the one above to map the data values from the Marketo field to the SFDC/MKTO joint field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jason,

That's brilliant!

Thanks!