SOLVED

Manually Unsubscribe Lead

Go to solution
Katy_Timko
Level 2

Manually Unsubscribe Lead

Is there a way to go into lead database to remove/unsubscribe a lead? We have a email address that we use for out of offices and I am not seeing how I would do this.

Say someone leaves their current company and we want to remove them from our database. We currently dont use salesforce.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Manually Unsubscribe Lead

In that case, blacklisted is a better option.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal

Katy,

From Lead Database, you can search a lead or from any smart list, you can select a specific lead and towards the top click "Lead Actions". This provides a list of the available actions to run on a specific selected lead.

For unsubscribing them, use "Marketing" > "Change Data Value" > "Attribute: Unsubscribed" to "True"

For deleting leads, use "Delete Lead" immediately to the right of "Lead Actions"

Just make sure these are the options you truly want as deleting a lead removes them from the database altogether. An unsubscribe usually means the lead chose not to receive any more marketing emails, if you no longer wish to email them, I would instead make "Marketing Suspended" to "True".

Katy_Timko
Level 2

I don't want them to receive operational emails either, should they be blacklisted instead?

Devraj_Grewal

In that case, blacklisted is a better option.