Managing the Bizible channel mix relative to integrated, multi-channel campaigns

pbankey
Level 1

Managing the Bizible channel mix relative to integrated, multi-channel campaigns

Hello!

I'm in the process of doing a reconfiguration of our Bizible instance at the company I am at now (it wasn't entirely set up to full capacity before). One of the things I am trying to figure out from a configuration standpoint is best practices around how setting up the tool to represent an integrated campaign that is multi-channel in nature.

For additional context:

• We have traditionally managed Salesforce Campaigns to represent a program and the progression statuses as the fulfillment towards completing a program. e.g. a Webinar, in which we'd progress members with Invited, Registered, Attended, etc.
  • We would leverage Campaign hierarchy to manage programs related to an integrated Campaign in the past
  • To continue the example of the webinar, we might promote that webinar in different ways: email to the base, digital ads or website banners in a portal, social media, etc.
  • One of the questions I am being asked consistently is "how can I track my efforts to drive attendance to this webinar given it's marketed through multiple channels?"

I suppose my questions are two-fold:

1. Given that Bizible could be tracking these activities BOTH via Salesforce Campaign (with their response status), and technically through the Java-script as form fill registrations, how should I consider managing the two together in a scenario like this? The benefit of Salesforce Campaigns is to be able to see the progression status and be able to place the cost within the Campaign object; however the UTMs are useful in helping us understand the different advertising channels actually driving those responses. It seems Bizible treats these typically separately from each other rather than relating them together.
  2. For anyone who is used to leveraging the Campaign hierarchy as a basis for organizing programs against a campaign, how do you manage and view that relationship within Bizible reporting given Bizible doesn't seem to do anything with the Campaign hierarchy?

Thanks so much!

1 REPLY 1
Kimberly_Galit1
Level 4 - Champion

Re: Managing the Bizible channel mix relative to integrated, multi-channel campaigns

Hi @pbankey !

Here are my ideas on your two-fold question!

1. Given that Bizible could be tracking these activities BOTH via Salesforce Campaign (with their response status), and technically through the Java-script as form fill registrations, how should I consider managing the two together in a scenario like this? The benefit of Salesforce Campaigns is to be able to see the progression status and be able to place the cost within the Campaign object; however the UTMs are useful in helping us understand the different advertising channels actually driving those responses. It seems Bizible treats these typically separately from each other rather than relating them together.

We do something similar with multiple channels driving registrations to webinars. There are certainly a few ways you can tackle it, may depend on how you want to structure the backend and your CRM campaigns. The way that we do it currently is to use UTM parameters on the email that have the "ad campaign name" Bizible field be the same SFDC campaign you use for the webinar, there for the campaign= UTM parameter will assign that value to the ad campaign name on the Bizible side, and in any reporting, you will be able to use that campaign to show touchpoints (whether digital form fills driven by email or actual attendance). We also look at the channels and their subchannels with reports in Bizible by the field "marketing channel path" which would show things like webinar.email or email.webinar (depending on how you want to build it!), so you could always use the channel/subchannel structure to add channels inside channels. 

2. For anyone who is used to leveraging the Campaign hierarchy as a basis for organizing programs against a campaign, how do you manage and view that relationship within Bizible reporting given Bizible doesn't seem to do anything with the Campaign hierarchy?

We do leverage campaign hierarchies, but unfortunately, Bizible cannot use the hierarchies in the way that we want to. We still use it for organization, but we associate the touchpoints with the same campaign that we associate the costs with. The costs cannot be rolled up to a parent, unless you utilize rollup helper in some way to do this for you, which is something to explore if that's the direction you would prefer to go! I believe you would have to rollup the touchpoints AND the costs however, and I'm unsure this would work as you want it with the attribution, may have to double-check with your CSM before you decide to forge ahead down that path! We never really got too far into exploring that option. 

Hope this is helpful!

Kimberly

Tags (1)