Making campaigns available to SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Making campaigns available to SFDC

My question here is not so much how to make a campaign available to SFDC but the best paractice in campiagn creation.  Lets say I have a nurture campaign that is actively running in Marketo, if I want sales to be able to add leads to this campaign, does it make sense to make this campaign available and sync'd with SFDC or to clone it and have a second version of it that I make available to SFDC?  My thoughts for separating campaigns is that it may be easier to report on (how much sales is using it, and its success) , also I did try and sync an existing campaign to make available and all of the members of the campaign were pushed to SFDC, which is a problem because over 1000 of them are very early stage and have no lead owner yet.  Not sure if I just have my sync rules set up improperly or if it is by design.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Making campaigns available to SFDC

Hi Jason,

I would recommend cloning it and having a second version of the nurture program/campaign that is made available for sales to add leads. You are correct that you will be able to easily mesaure the sucess of the program/campaign. You need to keep in mind that members can't be added to both campaigns and can only run in one or the other.

For the SFDC sync, did you sync it on the program level or did you use a smart campaign to add to SFDC? I'm guessing you only want people who have successfully responded to the nurture/sales ready to be pushed into SFDC correct?