Looking for recommendations on data append companies

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for recommendations on data append companies

Hi Marketo Users,

We're considering using a data append or lead enhancement vendor to help us build our email database prior to importing our leads from our CRM system. Anyone have any thoughts to share? Thanks so much, lisa b

PS: I saw one list from a July post but figure if you've used any others, including Synthio. (Content below - thank you to the community already!).

Pulled from a July 2017 post

LeadSpace

LeanData

RingLead

Oceanic?

DNB >> ideal for Company and Hierarchy base data

InsideView

MountainTop

Netprospex, etc

Discover.org

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Looking for recommendations on data append companies

Hi,

I bet I responded to that earlier post. The vendor you choose depends greatly on what you want to do.

• Appending Firms can vary by specialty and their real lead sources. Some firms do great at Org Charts (DiscoverOrg); scraping data off the web; doing direct phone verification, opting in; using DNB data to have single source of truth for Account/Company level detail and industry hierarchies....etc.
    • TechStack Firms may be good at scraping the web and other sources for visibility into kinds of solutions they have or need.
    • Research firms may be good at scraping and researching key Firm Lifecycle Events that may be relevant to a purchase of your services.
    • Verification or Contact firms will try to sell emails or phone numbers/direct dials and those have a variable success rate. Outside of the US, some of this practice is illegal, so be careful to know how their info is sourced.
    • Firms like TechTarget will help you look at intent data and buying teams to target Accounts more effectively with third party data.
  • Firms like Lean Data and RingLead are more about process -- matching data, merging it properly, and helping Account level detail. They may leverage other firms (or your firm of choice) to normalize data.

If you happen to have a good data analyst on your team, then you can ask your suitors to send sample matching data against your real database to look at match %. I recall many folks here would do this with Data.com and get FAR less than Data.com advertised. Again, it really depends what you want to do with this data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much, Josh! I think you did provide the earlier list. I really appreciate all this detail ... very helpful. The next step is to start investigating some of the companies you listed -- to learn more and compare against our specific needs. Great idea on the sample match, too.

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

One thing you may want to do while you're doing your evaluation period is only provide the vendor with a small timeframe to get you the matches. Then you know they're really using their product and not doing any manual scrubbing.

Our clients have told us good things about LeadSpace. If its enhancement you're after, I'd definitely look at them. LeanData is a great vendor as well, but are known more for lead to account matching as Josh mentioned above.

Definitely doesn't hurt to compare a few against one another and get some different quotes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, Pierce! Great idea on the tight time frame.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lisa!  Just curious if you have completed any of your evaluations yet and if you are willing to share your findings.  We are just starting the evaluation/comparison process on our end.  The trick is finding the right tool for both Sales enablement and Marketing Automation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Delci, sorry for the delay! We're getting closer but nothing official yet. One thing we're noticing is the size of companies you're looking to target can make a bit difference. I'd be happy to share once we decide on a vendor and start using the source. And, if allowed, connect with me outside of Marketo? Thanks.