SOLVED

Re: Look at my trigger campaign and can you set an end date to a trigger campaign?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at my trigger campaign and can you set an end date to a trigger campaign?

I have a survey that I want to go out automatically 1 week after a PDF download. 

Does this look right to you? I've set up my smart list for fills out form and not sent the survey already for any other PDF they might have downloaded.

0EM50000000StTJ.jpg

So I want to wait a week, then send the survey out any time M-F
0EM50000000StTE.jpg

How do I set it up so that this trigger campaign automatically ends in 90 days?
Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ronaksanghvi
Level 1

Re: Look at my trigger campaign and can you set an end date to a trigger campaign?

Hi ,

In addition to unpublishing landing pages, deactivating trigger campaigns, and stopping recurring batch campaigns, you now have the option of setting an expiration date/time. Please find attached the document.

View solution in original post

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

You can set the expiration date for the campaign following the steps mentioned here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/core-marketo-concepts/programs/wo...

Vinay_Kumar_0-1662486767679.png

Vinay_Kumar_1-1662486791876.png

Vinay_Kumar_2-1662486819671.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The set up looks right but I do not believe there is a way to automatically end a triggered campaign. 
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I believe you'd have to do it as a batch campaign.  Instead of using the trigger filter fills out form (orange), use the green one, filled out form. Then you can set it to end on the date you want it to expire.  

Or you can deactivate your trigger campaign after 90 days.  Mark it in your calendar.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you have will work, but one potential "gotcha" is that the filter criteria are checked prior to the week wait period and not before sending. What this means is that if I download two papers the same day I could get two surveys a week later because I was eligible for both at the time the criteria was evaluated. To get around this you can have your wait step in its own campaign then request a seperate survey send campaign and put the filters in the smart list of that one. That will ensure your survey is only sent once.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Christine,

You can add a date constraint to the "Fills out form" trigger. This will not deactivate the campaign, but it will not allow anyone to be admitted past your 90 day window. Also, you can modify the campaign setup so that a record can only go through once. This will mitigate folks filling out the form again. You might also want to add verbiage to your follow up page that they can expect the email in 7-10 days.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Justin, interesting point about the criteria being evaluated at the time of download, not later. Thanks for the reco. It might be easier for me to just exclude anyone who has downloaded the other reports, instead of getting the follow up survey email. Right?

Jeff, that makes sense. What a simple suggestion! I like your other suggestion about adding verbiage to follow up page, and our thank you email.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Christine, definitely that would work!
ronaksanghvi
Level 1

Hi ,

In addition to unpublishing landing pages, deactivating trigger campaigns, and stopping recurring batch campaigns, you now have the option of setting an expiration date/time. Please find attached the document.

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

You can set the expiration date for the campaign following the steps mentioned here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/core-marketo-concepts/programs/wo...

Vinay_Kumar_0-1662486767679.png

Vinay_Kumar_1-1662486791876.png

Vinay_Kumar_2-1662486819671.png