Lock in Campaign Field

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lock in Campaign Field

We are syncing our campaigns to Salesforce when a lead fills out our forms, and they are added via the "Add to SF Campaign" attribute. 

But when the lead goes to another campaign and fills out a form, the field updates to the most recent campaign. Is there a way to lock in the initial campaign and not have it continually update?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lock in Campaign Field

Hey Alec,

Are you talking about Marketo or SFDC? In Marketo, presumably their detailed source would show which Campaign acquired them. In SFDC, you (or your SFDC admin) can add the Campaign History sub-object to the layout which will show you all of the Campaings that they have been a part of.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lock in Campaign Field

Hi Jeff,

I guess I'm talking about them working together. I have the first stage working right, Marketo will populate the SFDC campaign field, but once it's been populated, we'd prefer it not to change when a lead goes and does something else in another campaign.

We want to see what first brought a lead in, so that would be judged by what campaign they are in from the start.

So ideally we want the SFDC campaign to not change once populated. With this flow step in place in Marketo, it seems like this will always update when a new action happens?

And the work-around would be referencing the campaign history sub-object?

Thanks for your input Jeff!