SOLVED

Local Email Script Token

Go to solution
Stephanie_Stude
Level 2

Local Email Script Token

Our team placed a few tokens in the email script token ({my.SDRSignature:default=edit me}}) on a program. 

Unfortunately, when we tested the email, it appeared to register the information we wanted it to (Sales owner first name, last name, email, phone number, and title). 

Unfortunately, when we sent an email out, it appears as if all the tokens we had placed (see below) in the email script localized token came through as the text version of themselves rather than as the values we had hoped they'd represent. Is this common and/or are you not supposed to put tokens into the details of a localized token email script field? 

Thank you!

{{lead.Assigned SDR:default=edit me}}
Job Title Default
{{lead.Assigned SDR Phone Number:default=edit me}} / {{lead.Assigned SDR Email:default=edit me}}

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Local Email Script Token

I don't really understand your phrasing... but here are a couple of facts:

• You can't directly include {{lead.tokens}} in Velocity. However, the same lead fields can be accessed in the Velocity context as Velocity $lead.variables (that's kind of the idea of Velocity).
  • You can't set a default with a Velocity {{my.token}} like that. You output the fallback/default value from the code itself.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

I don't really understand your phrasing... but here are a couple of facts:

• You can't directly include {{lead.tokens}} in Velocity. However, the same lead fields can be accessed in the Velocity context as Velocity $lead.variables (that's kind of the idea of Velocity).
  • You can't set a default with a Velocity {{my.token}} like that. You output the fallback/default value from the code itself.
SanfordWhiteman

OP please return to your thread and check responses.

Stephanie_Stude
Level 2

Thank you! Sounds like I need to do more research around Velocity; however, it sounds like I cannot put tokens within local tokens.