Lists in Lead Database vs. Marketing Activities

Rachel_Breden
Level 2

Lists in Lead Database vs. Marketing Activities

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new to Marketo so maybe this is a stupid question, but...

I just inherited my company's Marketo instance from a co-worker who left abruptly and I'm trying to understand lists. We have a folder with lead lists in Marketing Activities and a bunch of lists in Lead Database. I would like to contain all lists in one central location, preferably the Lead Database. Is there a way to move my lists from MA to the LD? Or is there a 'best practice' reason my co-worker did it the way she did and I should leave them separate?

A little explanation and advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lists in Lead Database vs. Marketing Activities

You can clone the list from the Marketing Activities section to the Lead Database and vice versa.

Generally if you are going to use a list more than once, you would probably put the list in the Lead Database and if you're only using it once, you would store that local to the program.

Emily_Poulton1
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Hi Kristen,

We want to make sure we are being smart long term.

Should we keep lists we use to drive our various program-specific smart campaigns at the program level or in the lead database?

We create smart lists and static lists for out promotional campaigns. We then point the smart campaign to the static list to make sure they run on time. Is there anything wrong with keeping them at a program level if these are program specific?

Thanks!

Emily

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would keep those in the program, yes.