List upload

Anonymous
Not applicable

List upload

Hi

I am relatively new to Marketo, When i try to upload any list in to Marketo... it automatically filters out few leads and shows the remaining leads in the members section. (I guess this is because of the Dedupe fnction)

Can you please help me understand how this works and what can i do if i still need the skipped leads in the program.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: List upload

Hi Pratik,

If you are uploading the list to a program, static list, etc. all of the leads should get put into that list (even if they are already in your system MKTO should recognize the email address and pull them into the program, etc).

I'd look over your list again and try to figure out why those few leads are missing? Maybe they didn't have an email address or they are dups within the spreadsheet.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Even if the lead lacks an email, it will still be placed into the system, but it won't be deduped against existing records.

If a lead is not placed into the Static List as a member, then do a search across the system for it. Take a look in its log to see what might have occurred.

If you mean that it wasn't a Member of the Program you were importing into, you'll need to investigate that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Pratik,

How do you know that Leads were skipped over? If you are going solely on the basis that the number of Leads in your spreadsheet does not match the number in your static list, you could potentially have duplicates in the spreadsheet. The first instance of the Lead will be imported, but any subsequent Lead with the same email address will be skipped, or deduplicated. 

Just another thought.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all of you,

This was helpful to begin with, I hope I will be able to understand it all as i start using the tool more. 🙂