SOLVED

List of All Unsubscribed Email Addresses?

Go to solution
Connor_Cox
Level 2

List of All Unsubscribed Email Addresses?

How do I produce a list of all unsubscribed email addresses? 
No, I am not talking about just leads that are unsubscribed.

I know it is not best practice, but there are some unsubscribed leads that have been deleted from Marketo.
But Marketo does know they are unsubscribed. I have tested adding a lead, unsubscribing it, deleting it, then adding it again. Marketo automatically marks them as unsubscribed.

Thoughts on how to pull the unsubs that are not leads? They must exist somewhere!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Connor_Cox
Level 2

Re: List of All Unsubscribed Email Addresses?

Hey just wanted to update this for anyone else who may run into this issue.

Official word from support is that they cannot (or will not) produce a list of deleted unsubscribes, even though they do track them.

Kind of a strange, but that is the answer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but when I try to look for records who are unsubscribed, because my Marketo instance is synced with SFDC. I create a smart list with the following info:
SFDC type: contacts
unsubscribed is true.  

Connor_Cox
Level 2

I am synced with sfdc as well. 

Here is the issue: The record does not exist as a lead in mkto or as a lead or contact in sfdc. Cannot run a report on nothing.

But marketo somehow knows they are unsubscribed. Kind of weird, I know, but I have tested it (as I mentioned in OP) and the system tracks all unsubs for the account even deleted leads. Pretty cool feature actually.

Obviously they should never have been deleted, or at least archived then deleted. Can't do much about that now.

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hmmm not sure about this one.  Try support?
Connor_Cox
Level 2

Hey just wanted to update this for anyone else who may run into this issue.

Official word from support is that they cannot (or will not) produce a list of deleted unsubscribes, even though they do track them.

Kind of a strange, but that is the answer.