List for Sub-Processor Updates

Aaron_Sawitsky
Level 1

List for Sub-Processor Updates

My company is a data processor and as many of you probably already know, GDPR requires us to to provide our customers with access to a list of all the sub-processors we use that handle their data. We also would like to provide them the option to subscribe to notifications if/when we make changes to our sub-processors.

My company's product team is hoping to use Marketo as a less manual way of maintaining this list and notifying everyone on it when changes occur. They'd like to embed a  Marketo form inside our product's Dashboard that captures a customer's company name and the email address where any updates should be sent to.

Here's the catch: Often, the email address a customer provides is an alias like privacy@customer.com. When that's the case, it's important that no other emails (including operational emails) get sent to the email address. Based on all this, I'm trying to figure out two things:

1. Without adding additional conditions to all our present and future campaigns (which someone will surely forget to do at some point), is there a way to have a contact in Marketo who will never receive any emails besides these sub-processor updates?
  2. If the answer to #1 is yes, how can I build my Program so that when the form is filled out, the Program will detect if the email provided already exists in Marketo? My goal here is if someone gives their individual email address, we won't accidentally stop sending them all other communications from my company. If the email they provide has never been seen before, we can assume that this is email address is being provided solely to receive these GDPR communications.

Thanks for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: List for Sub-Processor Updates

you can certainly set their suspension flag and then that special email is Operational. And you exclude this special list from other sends.

Aaron_Sawitsky
Level 1

Re: List for Sub-Processor Updates

Thanks for the response Josh. My concern is the second part of what you said - exclude the special list from other future operational emails. We have multiple people using Marketo and I'm 100% positive that someone at some point will send an operational email and forget to exclude this special list. Without excluding this list from future campaigns, is there any other way to ensure this list doesn't receive any email except the ones I explicitly say they should receive?