SOLVED

Links in plain text email

Go to solution
jferrari
Level 1

Links in plain text email

Hi, I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction here, I'm uploading an email with the API using Marketo Syntax and on the plain text version all links are missing. I've read here that variables are not supported on plain text version, but regular links are also not carried over from the html.

The weird thing to me is that if I edit the email and go to the plaintext version and uncheck "Automatically copy from HTML" and then check it again, then the links will show.

Any help is appreciated!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Links in plain text email

I can't repro a problem with those 4 fields, Arun:

textOnly
published
operational
webView

Note the property name is published, not publishToMSI, on the update side.

But I am able to replicate what @jferrari is reporting with link This appears to be a certifiable bug — the links are removed and I have to send textValue to populate the text version. Of course it's better to manage the text version separately, but it should work as documented.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman

do you know if there's a way to report it? appreciate your time.

You can open a case. Expect to have to go through a lot of rounds of proof, but I'm pulling for you. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Arun_Sharma9
Level 4

Hi @jferrari ,

It seems there is a bug in Marketo API which is not working for text version links and for some other fields.

I found fields like status, textOnly and some other fields are also not working out as per documentation during API calls.

Arun_Sharma9_0-1618295744061.png

Thanks

Arun Sharma
SanfordWhiteman

I can't repro a problem with those 4 fields, Arun:

textOnly
published
operational
webView

Note the property name is published, not publishToMSI, on the update side.

But I am able to replicate what @jferrari is reporting with link This appears to be a certifiable bug — the links are removed and I have to send textValue to populate the text version. Of course it's better to manage the text version separately, but it should work as documented.

jferrari
Level 1

Thank you @Arun_Sharma9 and @SanfordWhiteman do you know if there's a way to report it? appreciate your time.

SanfordWhiteman

do you know if there's a way to report it? appreciate your time.

You can open a case. Expect to have to go through a lot of rounds of proof, but I'm pulling for you. 🙂