SOLVED

Links in form fields - privacy policy

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Links in form fields - privacy policy

We've put our made our privacy policy a checkbox field on a form, so that people have to agree to it when they fill in that form. We want to link out to the privacy policy within that field so people can see what they're signing themselves up for. When I include the link in the form label, you can't actually click on it in the checkbox field, because it naturally checks the box instead. It only does this on embedded forms in the website - when it's a Marketo landing page, you are able to click that link strangely.

Can anyone suggest a work around please? Bearing in mind there is now data against this field.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Links in form fields - privacy policy

That's the approach we take:

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I commonly put Privacy Policy/EULA or other legal links in a Rich Text area, not in the label of a field.

You can have clicking a link in the RT enable a checkbox field elsewhere on the form (to "prove" they've read the policy), but trying to stuff the policy into the label doesn't sound right IMO.

Dan_Stevens_

That's the approach we take:

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dan - are those paragraphs of text with your statements a separate field to the actual checkbox field? Or is this some custom styling you've used to put that text there?

Dan_Stevens_

Carly, these are separate Rich Text fields (which is an option when you add a field to your form):

pastedImage_0.png

SanfordWhiteman

Hey Carly,

Just wanted to show you what I was getting at when I mentioned how the lead can establish they've read the Privacy Policy by clicking the link to open the PP document (this is the kind of logic used in regulatory compliance apps, where by opening a PDF you confirm that you've read it, or at least let the testing service off the hook!).

In MktoForms2 :: Must-read Link you have to click the link in order for the I Agree! checkbox to be enabled (done with a little JS to disable it at form load and reenable it on link click).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford Whiteman​ Thank you for sharing that. Can you teach me how to add that to a marketo 2.0 form? I want to link our privacy policy in that same fashion.

SanfordWhiteman

That demo is a Forms 2.0 form.