Re: LinkedIn Lead Gen forms for LinkedIn Live Event

avaroglu
Level 2

LinkedIn Lead Gen forms for LinkedIn Live Event

My company is testing out a LinkedIn Live Event for the first time next week. We noticed that you can require registration on LinkedIn to attend the event, but it was a LinkedIn form that asks first name / last name / email. Our Marketo forms contain a lot of hidden ZoomInfo fields that we would be missing if we required registration. However, if we did want to use this event for lead generation purposes, can a LinkedIn Lead Gen form be set up in marketo for the event that does include all necessary fields? I've never used a LinkedIn Lead Gen form so I'm not entirely sure how the process works. Otherwise, if we did not required anyone to fill out a form and they just click "attend" on the LinkedIn event, what might be good ways to promote it for lead gen after the event takes place? Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
ggerla
Level 4

Re: LinkedIn Lead Gen forms for LinkedIn Live Event

Hi @avaroglu,

LinkedIn Lead Gen and LinkedIn Event forms are 2 different entities that are not communicating:

• The first one is related to the LinkedIn ADS campaign: this automatically pushes LinkedIn leads directly to Marketo (when the integration is in place on the Marketo side); you will be able to map input fields, the campaign, and the form name from LI to Marketo. Also, you are able to trigger LinkedIn Lead Gen form submission for marketing activities.
  • The second one is more static, and is not directly integrated with Marketo, so processing these leads is more complicated.

For the last point, you can download the registrant's list from the LinkedIn event, enrich it through Zoominfo, and push it on Marketo, but if you are using widely the event forms on LinkedIn you can think about using automation tools: what I've done in the recent past, is use Zapier (which can trigger new LinkedIn event form submissions) to push the leads directly to Marketo through its integration.