LinkedIn Lead Gen - Country list

Andreia_Norsa
Level 4

LinkedIn Lead Gen - Country list

Hi all, We use the LinkedIn Lead Gen integrated with Marketo. Recently LinkedIn changed the country list values with different languages. I have a filter in SFDC which prevents leads to be synced in case of wrong values. This is to improve our data cleansing. Therefore, I have been fixing countries values manually and daily. The new LinkedIn country list has 4 different languages and 250 countries. Do you have an automated solution to fix that? I know I can create a trigger campaign to convert all values to English (our SFDC country list), but it will take a long time considering the number of values. I also spoke to Marketo support and they mentioned that there is no other solution. Thanks in advanced. Andreia

2 REPLIES 2
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: LinkedIn Lead Gen - Country list

If you can get the LinkedIn list of countries, you can build a webhook service that looks up any country value in any language that LinkedIn sends Marketo and return the country value in English that your salesforce will allow

The lookup is much easily managed outside of Marketo.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: LinkedIn Lead Gen - Country list

Here's an example in php. Your webhook payload would include lang=ch&input=英国 and get "England" in the response. Optionally you can add output=[en,ch,fr,de,es] to get the response in any language in the data structure

<?php

$data =

[

'en'=>[

'Australia',

'China',

'United States',

'England'

],

'ch'=>[

'澳大利亚',

'中国',