Link Trigger on Secondary Offer not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Link Trigger on Secondary Offer not working

Hello,

We have an offer that is gated, and when the user goes to the thank you page, we have another link for a demo request that we want to track and when clicked trigger  an additional campaign flow. We want to refrain from using a second form.

We have two Smart Campaigns: 1 for the initial offer that is working just fine. Users are required to fill out a form on the first Landing Page, and once that form is submitted they are put through the email flow. Then the second smart campaign is meant to kick off once the user clicks on the "request a demo" link on the offer Thank You Page. I've tried the following for the second campaign smart list, but nothing has seemed to work:

• Clicks on a link (with webpage restraint)
  • Clicks on Link (with referrer restraint)
  • Clicks on a link (with website and referrer restraint)
  • Visits webpage (final demo request TY page with referer restraint)

When I look at the test email's activity logs, the webpage visit and clicked link are being tracked, so if a trigger on the page doesn't work, is there a way to send an internal notification to our sales team instead?

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Link Trigger on Secondary Offer not working

"Constraint," not "restraint."

But what you haven't specified is what happens when you don't constrain at all. And also, please provide screenshots of the ActLog detail for the Activity you're trying to catch (always start from there) and the SC setup.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My apologies, yes I meant constraints.

And yes, I've tried trigger criteria without using constraints as well. Below of the steps of what we're looking for in a bit more detail.

• website visitor request content by filling out form on LP 1.
  • The visitor is redirected to Thank You page where they can access the first offer, and they are put into a flow via the first Smart Campaign. On this same thank you page, we have a secondary offer for a demo -- CTA is to click a link.
  • The visitor is then taken to a second thank you page to follow up regarding demo requestion.
  • When user clicks the link, we would like that to trigger another smart campaign for demo follow up.

In terms of the activity log, see screenshot.

screenshot-app-sj15.marketo.com-2018.08.17-11-23-56.png

So the alert trigger is working(but I believe it's actually from a previous form)!

Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Need more detail still -- the Send Alert will be traceable to a campaign, so that shouldn't be a mystery (see the last column).

And if you click on the Activity ID (4652...) you see the Activity Log Detail dialog. Let's compare everything you see there w/everything in your Smart Campaign trigger (show that as well).