Re: Line breaks in email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line breaks in email

Apologies, this is such a major irritant I cannot believe it hasn't been discussed before, but I can't find any previous threads.

In the Marketo email editor, I can create a single line break to start text on a new line. But any further line breaks intended to leave a SPACE between one paragraph and another remain undetected. They appear in the WYSIWIG editor but as soon as I leave it, they have gone (and do not appear in sent emails).

Can anyone help?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shift+Enter or <br/> issue is common in many different WYSWYG editor. Try to see your code in the HTML of email-editor. You might see what's wrong in there.

Thanks,

S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with Syed, this is a common issue encountered when coding emails.

Yahoo mail, for one, does not put a space for </p> tags so we use <br><br> to combat the issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed.  I typically remove all </p> tags and go with <br><br>.
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 for the <br><br> (Shift + Enter, Shift+Enter) solution. Seems to resolve this issue whenever I expereince it. This isn't a Marketo issue, it's really an inconsistent interpretation of an HTML element across email clients. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

For a quick fix, I've entered a small character like a dash (-) where I'd like the extra line to be and then changed to color to white, which isn't visible in our email templates.This has worked for me on several occasions.