Re: Limitations on landing page heights

Anonymous
Not applicable

Limitations on landing page heights

We're running into limitations on landing page heights. We need the latitude to vary the height as we produce new pages for new tactics/campaigns. How can we better control this?

Here are some specs from an example we're working with right now:

We've specified a min-width of 500px. First of all, the template doesn't expand as it should with a "min" width spec. I don't think we should need to have that css tag included at all, but right now it's the only way I can establish a fixed height. I would like the height to be variable based on the WYSIWYG content.

I also added the extra "clear:both!important;" div, but still isn't properly stretching the page.

<><><><<<><><><><><><>

[header stuff here]

<div class="clearall" id="five-coloum-header-block" class="mktEditable" style="position:relative;min-height:500px;font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12px;">
    <div class="left-top-header mob-home-prdct">
<h1>
          <div class="clearall" style="margin-top: 155px;">&nbsp;
</div>
</h1>
</div>
<?php echo $mContext['bodyElements']; ?>  

</div>
  <div class="clearall"></div>
    <div style="clear:both!important;">

</div>

[footer stuff here]

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Scott,

The issue that you are finding is that the content is not embedded into the code of the landing page, that is why the height doesn't adjust according to the content. The only way to make the system do that would be to hard code the landing page. I know it is a pain, but when I spoke with marketo they basicaly said that it just dosen't work that way.

best regard
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Hi Scott,

Eric is correct. For the time being, any content you drag into the landing page via the editor will be absolute-positioned, so the styling of the container divs is irrelevant. We're working hard on our landing page experience and plan to make things like this easier in the future.

Justin
Anonymous
Not applicable

When is this happening??  It's two years passed.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

We introduced "Guided" landing pages since this post was written, which were built to support truly responsive pages.