Leads Synchronization with Custom Object

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leads Synchronization with Custom Object

Hello,
I have been asked from the marketing department to transfer all accounts to marketo from our local database and start tracking those leads on various activities they do on our website and the action they take on using our application of different platfroms.

My plan,
1) Import accounts from our local database to marketo (Persons) using soap API
2) Run daily scheduled job (crontab) to update the activities of those account they do on application e.g. calling certain destination and also writing to custom object we have requested again using soap API
3) Use munchkin on our website to track user activity on website and associateLeads if user is converted implies registered.

My Questions:
1) Is this one way of doing the above mentioned scenario? What is a better way?
2) When a Lead (Person) login into our website do I still need to associate this person or the cookie on website would be enough to discriminate Anonymous lead from logged in one (Person, Account)

I am little bit confused and I need to finish up this process

Thank You

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Leads Synchronization with Custom Object

Marketo only thinks in terms of "Leads" or people. You cannot migrate Accounts per se.

Yes, you would need to associate the cookied person to a Marketo ID. The munchkin code should handle this, but if you have other requirements, you would need to customize the cookie.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Leads Synchronization with Custom Object

Hello Josh,

Thank you for your reply.

I meant by Accounts as of People who are registered with our service. Using syncMultipleLeads SOAP method batch size 200, is it feasible to migrate our records to Marketo in order to start track them on different activities they perform with our service including website activity?

Is the below scenario valid?
1) Import accounts (Persons) from our local database to marketo (Persons) using soap API
2) Run daily scheduled job (crontab) to update the activities of those account they do on application e.g. calling certain destination and also writing to custom object we have requested again using soap API

Indeed many thanks for your assistance

Thanks