SOLVED

Leads in same wait step multiple times

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leads in same wait step multiple times

Hi Marketo experts,

Does anyone know what happens if a lead enters a wait step twice? I had a handful of leads request a week-long wait campaign twice in the same day. This wait campaign waits until Tuesday and then requests an email send, so I'm worried that these leads will be sent the email twice at one time - anyone know if that will be the case? If so, any suggestions for a workaround?

Thanks!
Meghan
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Leads in same wait step multiple times

Remove from Flow won't work, because it only affects a given campaign you're in while you run it.

Instead, I'd modify the "Send Email" flow step to have two choices, and if they were sent the email already, do nothing, otherwise send you message.

Then, you can change the rules so a lead can only qualify once and eventually remove this step once your few leads have passed through.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was your campaign setup so a lead can only qualify once? That is normally how you avoid this. Otherwise, yes, those folks will go through the whole flow twice and get two emails.

-Erik
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your response. The qualification rules allow leads to run through every time. If I run one remove from flow action on those leads, would that would prevent them from receiving the email at all?

Meghan
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove from Flow won't work, because it only affects a given campaign you're in while you run it.

Instead, I'd modify the "Send Email" flow step to have two choices, and if they were sent the email already, do nothing, otherwise send you message.

Then, you can change the rules so a lead can only qualify once and eventually remove this step once your few leads have passed through.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Erik!