SOLVED

Leads in Engagement program that were never added to it.

Go to solution
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Leads in Engagement program that were never added to it.

Hi all,

Maxime Wynsberghe​​ and I have observed a very weird behavior today : an engagement program that had been built  months ago for internal training purpose suddenly has started to send a cast to about 2000 people. The issue is that the email were absolutely not intended to be sent (ugly, full of false Latin text...) and the 2000 people are real leads.

The problem is: these people have never been added to the Engagement program. The "Was added to engagement program" smart list only shows the small set to 8 people who were added to the EP during the training, while the activity log of the 2000 other people show the EP cast, but absolutely NO "added to engagement program" activity.

We have of course opened a support ticket.

But just a warning : never let an engagement program active with some cast schedule if it has no purpose.

Has any one already experienced such an issue ?

-Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Leads in Engagement program that were never added to it.

Hi,

I investigated in my team, and I found the issue's source

Someone in my team has imported by mistake a list in the nurturing program and in this program there was a rule which said "member of EP" --> add to engagement program

Maxime

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Please share the results of the support ticket - I would like to know what happened.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Maxime Wynsberghe​,

Any news on the ticket side ?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

No answers yet...

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

The source of the issue is : an import was done, setting the acquisition program to be this nurturing program. This is how these leads became a member.

2 outcomes out of this :

1. Make sure the users are aware of "acquisition program" meaning and impact
  2. NEVER let an unused engagement program active. Shut it done (setup -> Program Status to Off)

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The acquisition program name should in no way affect program membership.  Where was the list import done?  Was it done directly within the Engagement Program (under the Members tab)?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

I agree with you but the support says otherwise. Dangerous, isn't it ?

I do not know where the import was done. May be Maxime Wynsberghe​ does.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I investigated in my team, and I found the issue's source

Someone in my team has imported by mistake a list in the nurturing program and in this program there was a rule which said "member of EP" --> add to engagement program

Maxime