SOLVED

Re: Leads disappearing

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leads disappearing

I noticed something today, new leads have disappeared.

I have an email alert up to notify me when someone fills out the contact us page.  In the email it has their name and when you click on it goes to their profile in marketo.

Now when I click on the name in the email Marketo cannot find the record, says record doesn't exist.  And the record is not in Salesforce either.

Anyone know what casues this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Darren,

We recently had an experience with this type of situation where the link provided in the email did not pull up a record. We investigated and determined that the Lead had been merged with another. Not sure if that is what is going on in your instance, but it is a possibility. You searched the name in SFDC and can't find any record of it? Do you have any trigger and/or batch campaigns that deleted Leads when certain criteria is met?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest checking the Recycle bin in Salesforce.  My guess is that a rep is deleting leads. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Darren,

We recently had an experience with this type of situation where the link provided in the email did not pull up a record. We investigated and determined that the Lead had been merged with another. Not sure if that is what is going on in your instance, but it is a possibility. You searched the name in SFDC and can't find any record of it? Do you have any trigger and/or batch campaigns that deleted Leads when certain criteria is met?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree, a merge or delete on the SFDC side seem like the most likely culprits. 

Also check if you have any automatic de-duping tools that may be doing merges OR campaigns set up to auto-delete certain types of leads as Jeff suggests. 

good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are not being deleted, but I do have some rules to auto-delete certain kinds of leads.  I suspect that this is happening.  Thank you!
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Oh I have seen this before too, and it was a result of merging duplicate leads as Jeff mentioned above.