Re: Lead tracking

Tamir_Belzer
Level 3

Lead tracking

Hi, lately we are getting a lot of inbound leads that we know filled out a Marketo form on our website but we don't see any web activity or we see them landing directly on our website, sometimes on pages it will be really hard for leads to go directly to (landing pages we use in some of our paid campaigns). I investigated it and tried to understand where do these leads come from but couldn't find any pattern or cause for it. We are using UTMs and cookies and we track our paid, emails and every activity we're doing not organic so we should see this information for these leads. 
Did anyone encounter a situation like this, that a lot of the leads got no source or web activity? 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

We are using UTMs and cookies...

Correction: you are trying to set cookies. Anyone who blocks cookies won't leave web activity traces, but they can still fill out a form.

Still, this wouldn't explain them filling out a a form that on a page that doesn't have UTMs -- since you have those UTMs mapped to hidden fields, right? -- if you are 100% sure no one can land on the page without UTMs in the query string.

Tamir_Belzer
Level 3

Hi, thank you for your answer. We have UTMs for every paid campaign we are

running and the tracking for paid or any page with UTMs is working. The

problem we have is with organic traffic or cases in which we don't know

where the lead came from. The original source info field in Marketo for

these leads is usually a page on our website, without a UTM.

For most of these leads I do see that they visited our website and see web

activity just don't see how they got to our website.

Hope I clarified my question

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 8:58 PM Sanford Whiteman <