SOLVED

Re: Lead Scoring Sync with SFDC

Go to solution
Alyssa_Zarouk1
Level 1

Lead Scoring Sync with SFDC

I've recently implemented lead scoring in Marketo and want to ensure that leads with a certain score don't get pushed to SFDC but I've been told that I have to do this as a filter on each campaign. Does anyone have a work-around to implement it across all campaigns such that if we change the lead score, I don't have to go back and do it on each campaign? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaMeyers
Level 4 - Champion

There are a number of ways you can accomplish this - exactly how to do it depends on your marketo structure and how you sync to salesforce. in general, it sounds like centralizing  your Marketo <> Salesforce sync and people only process into that the sync when they hit a score threshold is the approach I would take. 

HOWEVER - I would advise against this.  selective syncing presents challenges for the sales team down the line in terms of understanding all the engagement a person has, it also can create duplicates or cause issues with managing duplicates if you have your sales team doing any prospecting and creating records in salesforce. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can use Request Campaign to request a central campaign, and that campaign can have the threshold filter in one place.

EllenSchwier
Level 4

I agree with this. It is generally better to have your process that syncs leads to your CRM in one centralized program.

However, it is important to keep in mind that if you use Salesforce campaigns, anyone who becomes a member of a program will automatically be sent to Salesforce regardless of any filters you set up. 

ericgarcia
Level 2

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am dealing with the same issue!

JessicaMeyers
Level 4 - Champion

There are a number of ways you can accomplish this - exactly how to do it depends on your marketo structure and how you sync to salesforce. in general, it sounds like centralizing  your Marketo <> Salesforce sync and people only process into that the sync when they hit a score threshold is the approach I would take. 

HOWEVER - I would advise against this.  selective syncing presents challenges for the sales team down the line in terms of understanding all the engagement a person has, it also can create duplicates or cause issues with managing duplicates if you have your sales team doing any prospecting and creating records in salesforce.