Lead scoring reset for above 100 score leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead scoring reset for above 100 score leads

We initiated the lead scoring but I wanted to know if some lead crosses a threshold of 100 and by chance the sales team does not change the status and rating as archived (incase the lead is to be archived ) the score of leads then tends to accrue often inflating to 150 + .How can we reset the score. What is the best practice on this? Should I run a batch campaign every 1 or  2 months resetting scores greater than 150  
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead scoring reset for above 100 score leads

There are really few things you could have in place. 

A score ceiling as shown below. 
0EM50000000RVpN.jpg

You also need to have a decay program in place to lower the score as they become inactive. 

If a lead is inactive for long enough (say 90 days) depending on your buying cycle  you could reset their score completely. 

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Lead scoring reset for above 100 score leads

Jeff has the right idea.
There are several threads on score decay and inflation - just do a quick search.

Usually with a decay score you can run this daily, but leads only flow through every 30 days:

Smart List: if no activity (or score hasn't changed) in past 30 days (usually I use Not Visited Web Page, Not Opened Email, Not Clicked in Email, etc...)

Flow: Score IS -20 (or more or less)

Also have several negative scoring campaigns for email bounced, unsubscribed, and other bad behaviors.

This might help too
http://www.slideshare.net/jdavidhill/lead-scoring-with-marketo