Lead Scoring and Third Party Data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Scoring and Third Party Data

Was wondering if anyone out there uses third party data as part of their lead scoring/Sales Insight process.  We don't track information like job title, HHI, net worth, etc., and so our list of criteria for lead scoring is quite limited.  (I've already gone through all this with a Marketo consultant, just FYI.)

I'm trying to think of ways to enhance what we currently have.  I'm aware of third party data sources that can integrate with Salesforce.  Was wondering if any of you did that and if you had any insight you could share.  How hard is it to fold into Marketo?  Is the data reliable?  Have you seen it help refine your scoring?  And it is ultimately effective?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Lead Scoring and Third Party Data

Hi,

I'm a little unclear when you say you don't track demo information, but you want to refine scoring somehow...can you explain? Are you using Behavioral?

Data appending services are generally reliable, but rarely more than 80%. I would tend to use it for filling in geo data, industry, etc. Title, Phone are less reliable. Depends who you use though. It's easy to integrate if you follow their instructions and are clear about what can be added or overwritten.

Yes, it can help the demographic score. My view is that demographics mostly help Sales and filter out leads that cannot be properly evaluated yet due to missing info. I suppose the score helps with that evaluation, but it's a bit superfluous.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead Scoring and Third Party Data

We track basic demo information -- name, address, email.  Some preference data.  We also track behavioral, but our website is just as rich with events/forms/etc that we can track.  We literally have one action people can take (filling out one form), and so we of course score on that, as well as visiting key pages.  But overall, it feels pretty light.  Until our sales team tracks more information on our leads like income, job titles, etc, I was wondering if we could append additional data and then score off of that.