SOLVED

Lead Partition ID + Email as Dedupe rule

Go to solution
Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Lead Partition ID + Email as Dedupe rule

Hi all,

I am trying to understand something about our MKTO set up. We are a local (country) office of a global org and MKTO account. The DeDupe rule is email+lead partition ID.

- One method we have of acquiring leads is through a global Fb Business account through which we run Lead Ads. Our HQ then assign a Lead Partition ID based on which country ran the ad, and leads then enter our workspace.

- We also have Munchkin API,  list imports, and form fills for leads to enter our MKTO.

What we are seeing is multiple records being created in our workspace (sometimes up to 10 records), due to the Lead Partition ID that is being assigned. We are seeing people being placed in different nurture streams simultaneously, and also seeing people existing in multiple country workspaces.

Questions:

- If we request this dedupe rule to change to email only, what will be the consequences?

- If our global MKTO account then sees ALL same emails as unique leads, how will the merges rest, i.e. which record in which partition will remain?

- Can we, at a local level, assign Lead Partition ID, through API mapping, or list importing?

Thanks all,

Lucas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Lead Partition ID + Email as Dedupe rule

About the Munchkin Associate Lead API being discontinued; should we be worried? Will we need to integrate a new API to connect our Drupal website once it does?

The migration path is to use a hidden Forms 2.0 form post (i.e. form.submit()).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

- If we request this dedupe rule to change to email only, what will be the consequences?

Well, kinda like it says on the tin (as far as new leads, that is).

You can still have an unlimited number of leads with the same Email Address (since it's a pre-insert lookup key, not a unique key).

But upsert methods like a form post or Munchkin Associate Lead* will merge into an existing lead, as long as they have the same Email Address. Typically the most recently updated lead is the merge target.

* that API is being discontinued, if you didn't know

- If our global MKTO account then sees ALL same emails as unique leads, how will the merges rest, i.e. which record in which partition will remain?

Changing/reverting the dedupe rule applies to new leads, not existing ones.

- Can we, at a local level, assign Lead Partition ID, through API mapping, or list importing?

A Bulk Import call can target a particular partition, as can an individual Sync Lead API call.

Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Thanks Sanford.

About the Munchkin Associate Lead API being discontinued; should we be worried? Will we need to integrate a new API to connect our Drupal website once it does?

SanfordWhiteman

The migration path is to use a hidden Forms 2.0 form post (i.e. form.submit()).