SOLVED

Re: Lead not syncing to SFDC

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead not syncing to SFDC

I am running into issues in Marketo where a Lead is not syncing to SFDC when we update the email address.  The error in Marketo says, "Sync Lead Updates to SFDC....Failed: no more information".  The Activity Detail SFDC Error says, "INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY: insufficient access rights on object id\n".  I am the SFDC System Admin and I cant figure out what permission needs to be added.  

The Marketo Integration user has the following object permissions below.  Unfortunately, we cannot give the Marketo Integration user a System Admin profile or give it a "Modify All" system permission due to sensitive accounts that we do not want Marketing to have access to.  We have to give it access on an object by object basis. 

- Account:   Sharing rule that allows the Marketo integration user to see the account it needs. (In my situation, the lead that is not syncing in SFDC, the Marketo Integration user has access to the Account record that the Lead is associated to)

-Contact: View All / Modify All  (this object has a OWD setting of "Controlled by Parent", which is the Account)

- Lead: View All / Modify All 

I appreciate in advace for any help. 

Thanks,
John
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey John,

It's likely that the Record Type ID is not a valid record type for the particular object which is being synched.  For example, if I assign a Lead record type to a Contact in MArketo, and then try to sync that, then the operation will fail because SFDC will not allow the Marketo to assign that record type to a contact.  The solution is to clear invalid record type IDs when a Lead is converted,  but still has a Lead Record Type ID.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey John,

The likely cause of this is that you're attempting to write a Record Type ID to the record which is either invalid for the record type, or the Marketo Sync User does not have access to this record type.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenny E

I gave the Marketo user all of the necessary Record Types on the Account, Contact, Lead, Campaig, and Campaign Members.  This didnt solve the issue.  

I am speculating that the issue might be in Marketo.  If a field is added in Marketo, but not added in SFDC, will this cause sync issues?  If a Lead in Marketo had this field populated and it tries to sync to SFDC, will it not sync poperly because it can't find that field in SFDC?  Anyone had this scenario happen and experienced an issue? 

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey John,

It's likely that the Record Type ID is not a valid record type for the particular object which is being synched.  For example, if I assign a Lead record type to a Contact in MArketo, and then try to sync that, then the operation will fail because SFDC will not allow the Marketo to assign that record type to a contact.  The solution is to clear invalid record type IDs when a Lead is converted,  but still has a Lead Record Type ID.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenny E

You nailed it.  I did some testing and that was the issue.  The record in Marketo had a Lead Record Type ID instead of a Contact Record Type ID.  (The record in SFDC is a Contact not Lead)

There is a form in Marketo where it is automatically updating the records Record Type ID.  Its a process issue that we need to fix.  But its very helpful knowing what is causing the sync issue. 

Thank you very much.