Lead Lifecycle - SFDC Queues

We have the following two Lead Lifecycle campaigns:

1a - Inquiry - New

1a-smartlist.png

1b-flow.png

1b - Inquiry - Sync

1b-smartlist.png

1b-flow.png

(Choice 1 above was set up to route leads for a specific business unit; all other Leads go to Inquiry.)

When someone fills out a certain software download form on our website, I need to route those Leads to a different Queue with status Nurture. The only field I've found to identify those Leads is by referencing a string of text that is generated from the software download and passed to SFDC in the Person Notes field.

I tested adding a new choice into the Flow of the second campaign above using the choice "If Person Notes contains ht=/xctu". (I realize this would not have addressed the change in Status - I was just trying to see if the Queue assignment would work.) When I tested in the sandbox, the lead did not get passed to the SFDC sandbox.

So, I'm hoping someone can tell me what is the best way to accomplish this (both Queue assignment and Status change). Do I create an entirely separate campaign that moves these leads after they have gone through the flow above, in order to move them from the Inquiry Queue to the Software Downloads Queue?

Thank you so much!

Susan (who wishes she had more Marketo users in her office...)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Lead Lifecycle - SFDC Queues

Hi Susan,

You will need to have 2 flow steps, in this order :

1. Change data value, with a choice, If Person Notes contains ht=/xctu, field = status, new value = Nurture
  2. Sync to SFDC, with a choice, If Person Notes contains ht=/xctu, Assign to Queue

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Susan,

You will need to have 2 flow steps, in this order :

1. Change data value, with a choice, If Person Notes contains ht=/xctu, field = status, new value = Nurture
  2. Sync to SFDC, with a choice, If Person Notes contains ht=/xctu, Assign to Queue

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gregoire,

Can you elaborate on where I'm adding those flow steps above?

Thanks!

Susan

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

In both Smart Campaigns.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well as it turns out, I had already tried this suggestion and the reason it didn't work had to do with my test form not assigning a lead score. It's reassuring to know my instincts were correct! Thanks again!