Lead Lifecycle - back to recycling automatically

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Lifecycle - back to recycling automatically

Hi,

I'm working on my company's lead lifecycle, which is a bit more complicated that the normal one.

I'd like to move people automatically from Qualified, Won and Lost to Recycling:

- If the lead is qualified by sales but no opp is created in 6 months, the lead should move to Recycling

- If the lead has an opp that has been closed (won or lost), it should go to Recycling after 6 months of that opp being closed.

I think I can do the first one with: If it is qualified and was not added to opportunity in the past 6 months.

For the second one I'm trying to use Opportunity was updated, but that kind of activity is archived after 90 days so can't do 6 months.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Lead Lifecycle - back to recycling automatically

A couple of thoughts:

• you can opt out of archiving of behavior data by asking Support.
  • For the Triggers, you can just use Wait Steps and Smart List checks:
    • If Won, Set to Won, Wait 6 months; send to Recycled.
    • If SQL, wait 6 months, if Still in SQL, then Recycle. You could also just have a batch to do this too in the same way.
  • For a batch push for the initial placement of leads into the RCM, you would need to use a set of complex smart lists. So if Opp Won Date is in Past Before 6 months should do this.
  • I  would be careful here because a Won Opp should go to Won. If you really want to use an Upsell/Renewal lifecycle, please extend out the RCM beyond Won or have a new RCM just for this. Otherwise your data is going to get skewed at the end of the funnel.