SOLVED

Lead deleted in Marketo but not in MS Dynamics

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead deleted in Marketo but not in MS Dynamics

Hi,

I have a situation where a lead is deleted from Marketo, but not in Dynamics.  When I fill in a form (not a marketo form) with the same info as the lead I deleted, the record in the CRM updates, but nothing flows down to Marketo. 

My question is

Is this an expected behavior in Marketo (ie once a lead is deleted from Marketo, will Dynamics never sync down and create a new lead again?) or is it likely a rule in place in the CRM that is not creating a new lead in Marketo?

One thing to note is that the lead is always created in CRM first and then creates a lead in Marketo.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Lead deleted in Marketo but not in MS Dynamics

If the lead is created in Marketo and matches the email in CRM, it should sync back up w/o a dupe.

If you send an update into the CRM, and Marketo believes this is deleted, it is supposed to be recreated in Marketo.

Delete Lead - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

So there could be a rule preventing Marketo from seeing this lead or a user permission. You might also check with support if you still dont see a reason in CRM.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If the lead is created in Marketo and matches the email in CRM, it should sync back up w/o a dupe.

If you send an update into the CRM, and Marketo believes this is deleted, it is supposed to be recreated in Marketo.

Delete Lead - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

So there could be a rule preventing Marketo from seeing this lead or a user permission. You might also check with support if you still dont see a reason in CRM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

A key feature is missing here. Vote :

and there

-Greg