SOLVED

Re: Lead Deleted from SFDC

Go to solution
Randy_Davis
Level 3

Lead Deleted from SFDC

Quite by accident I discovered that a lead in Marketo had been synced with SFDC, added to an SFDC Campaign, and then, after a few minutes, removed from the SFDC Campaign and deleted from SFDC. This is troubling because we do not have any Campaigns that delete leads from SFDC or remove leads from SFDC Campaigns.

Here are the details:

This lead was synced to SFDC on Nov 6 at 9:41AM and then deleted from SFDC at 9:59AM and also removed from the SFDC Campaign "2014_Webleads_worldwide."

Here is the detail from the Lead record:

2822936 - Delete Lead from SFDC
     2822938 - Remove from SFDC Campaign 

I can find no flow within any Marketo campaign that would cause this lead to be deleted from SFDC, and we do not want leads to be deleted from SFDC without our specific instruction to do so.

Has anyone else experienced leads unexpectedly being deleted by Marketo from SFDC?

Randy
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Randy,

If there is no associated 'Campaign Name' in the activity log, this indicates that the deletion was performed on the SFDC side, and this is just a record of the deletion in Marketo.  If there is a campaign name, you can use this to track down the source.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Randy,

If there is no associated 'Campaign Name' in the activity log, this indicates that the deletion was performed on the SFDC side, and this is just a record of the deletion in Marketo.  If there is a campaign name, you can use this to track down the source.
Randy_Davis
Level 3

The activity I listed above is from the Marketo campaign, "Brochure Download," the Results of which contains the following (abbreviated), all with the same date and time: 

1.Change Data Value to Suspect
2. Sync Lead to SFDC (insert)
3. Add to SFDC Campaign 
4. Sync Lead to SFDC (update)
5. Create Task
6. Send Alert
7. Send Email
8. Email Delivered

When I look at the Lead record, I find the following detail in the Activity Log (abbreviated):

1. Sync lead to SFDC
2. Change data value
3. Change Owner
4. Add to SFDC Campaign "2014_Webleads_Worldwide"
5. Sync Lead to SFDC (update)
6. Create Task
7. Send Alert
8. Send Email
9. Email Delivered
10. SFDC Activity (brochure downloaded)
11. Change Data value (from one owner to another)
12. Change Owner (new Owner's name)
13. Delete Lead from SFDC (lead name) (exactly 5 minutes later)
14. Remove from SFDC Campaign (campaign name)

Our SFDC users don't delete leads; they disqualify them.

The activity log seems to indicate that Marketo took the action to delete, rather than merely recorded that a deletion had occurred, or am I reading too much into the wording Marketo uses here?
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

'Delete Lead from SFDC' always indicates that a deletion was made in SFDC, but it only means that it was initiated by Marketo if the 'Campaign Name' column for that specific entry was populated.  If it is not, then that means the deletion was initiated on the SFDC side.  If the Campaign Name is  populated for that specific entry, and your unable to find the flow step responsible, you may want to log a support ticket with the details of the issue, and they can help identify exactly where it's originating from and why.  If the column is empty for that entry, you'll want to consult your SFDC admin to see if there are any workflows/apex triggers which may have resulted in this.
Randy_Davis
Level 3

Thanks, Kenny. Since there is no Marketo Campaign name listed, I suspect that the lead was deleted by an SFDC user, and I will track down who it was.
Aaron_Dear
Level 3

Sorry for necro'ing this thread - was digging for "Lead was Deleted from SFDC" info -  but I read that in Liam Neeson's voice.