SOLVED

Lead Created vs Created At

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Created vs Created At

I'm reviewing some of the flows our organizations use, we currently use a sync to SFDC to assign only newly created leads to one salesforce user. Right now it's set up with a sync flow of "Created at" in the past 20 minutes then assign it over to the particular SFDC user.

I've been looking at "created at" vs "lead create date" and wondering if the flow should be switched to "lead created date" in the past 20 minutes. I'm a bit worried that using the "create date" flow isn't the best logic.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lead Created vs Created At

"Lead was created" is not a single field like "Created at" (which is the create date). "Lead was created" is some kind of log. It's a combination of factors which you can use as constraints (e.g. source, form name, lead source).

I'm not sure, but I think it is possible to update the "Created at" field with a new date, therefor effecting your process. However you can not update logs. So I think "Lead was created" is more fool proof. It also enables you to filter out list imports. You don't want your SF guy to automatically get 10.000 leads synced at once, when someone does a list import.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Lead was created" is not a single field like "Created at" (which is the create date). "Lead was created" is some kind of log. It's a combination of factors which you can use as constraints (e.g. source, form name, lead source).

I'm not sure, but I think it is possible to update the "Created at" field with a new date, therefor effecting your process. However you can not update logs. So I think "Lead was created" is more fool proof. It also enables you to filter out list imports. You don't want your SF guy to automatically get 10.000 leads synced at once, when someone does a list import.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out this help article ""Created At"" vs. ""Lead was Created""

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm only seeing "Created At" and "Lead Created Date" or "Lead Was Converted", but I don't see "Lead Was Created" -- is this a settings issue somewhere perhaps?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to wager a guess that "Lead Was Created" and "Lead Create Date" are the same.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone else know if "Lead Was Created" and "Lead Create Date" are the same thing?? I can't seem to find any verification of this anywhere..