SOLVED

Lead Create not sending emails on Data Value Change trigger

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Create not sending emails on Data Value Change trigger

Hi all,

I currently have a trigger set up for a smart list to send on a data value change trigger for a given field. It appears that if this lead is being sync'd to Marketo for the first time, it does not trigger this data value change and the email does not get delivered. On email addresses that already have a LeadRecord in Marketo, syncing the same value causes the email to go out.

Is there a trigger that I am missing that I should add to account for this data being available on the LeadRecord creation?

Please let me know if I am not providing enough information.

Thank you!!

Phil
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Re: Lead Create not sending emails on Data Value Change trigger

Phil,

I've encountered this problem before and I think Marketo only registers data changes after a Lead has been created/synced. Therefore, I think you would create an additional Campaign with the Lead is Created trigger and a filter for your given field. By using both the Data Value Changes and Lead is Created triggers, you should capture both cases.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Re: Lead Create not sending emails on Data Value Change trigger

Phil,

I've encountered this problem before and I think Marketo only registers data changes after a Lead has been created/synced. Therefore, I think you would create an additional Campaign with the Lead is Created trigger and a filter for your given field. By using both the Data Value Changes and Lead is Created triggers, you should capture both cases.